Data Update #2
Lead:
3-1-1 Contact Centre data reveals that call volumes have fluctuated over the years and have shown a recent drop in both calls offered and handled in recent years.
Excel Workbook Link and Explanation:
The worksheet linked here is a slice of data from the raw dataset showing the calls offered, handled, and abandoned from 2009 to 2024. I converted the raw dataset into a pivot table showing data from each of the 16 years.
Original Dataset:
Find the original dataset here: original dataset.
Hey Lucas! I like how you kept your data update short and simple, and you had an organized layout. I like your lead, but you could shift things around slightly. For example, you could leave where you got the data at the end instead of saying it at the beginning. When I clicked and looked at the slice of interesting data you presented, I found the data hard to read because the different categories were not sectioned off neatly. In the last data update, you did sewer mains, and this update is on call centres. I would recommend writing in this update that you did switch your dataset so there is no confusion. Thank you for a nice data update!
ReplyDeleteHi Lucas, your lead does a good job of providing readers with a broad overview of the call volumes. However, I think it could be strengthened if you included the specific percentage of the decline. Also, if you're analyzing the changes over time, it would be helpful to include that calculation alongside your pivot table in the workbook.
ReplyDeleteThis is a good data analysis and I like the slice. I also really like this blogger page itself, very satisfying. I think the lede could be tightened, maybe ignoring the fluctuating part and focusing on the recent drop off, since that seems to be the more interesting bit. Thank You!
ReplyDeleteHello Lucas! You topic is very interesting, and you have worked with the data well. I would suggest perhaps cleaning the lead a bit by placing the source at the end of the lead, and perhaps giving a value such as a rate of change to give context to the readers how much the numbers have fluctuated. Overall this is a great topic!
ReplyDelete